When was the last time you thought about the condition of your toothbrush? If it has been a while, it may be time to switch it out. Did you know having a toothbrush filled with germs and not properly cared for, can put your oral health at major risk? Well, it’s true! Keeping your toothbrush in tip-top shape can keep your oral health in positive condition. That is why our friendly staff is providing you with these tips and tricks to keeping your toothbrush in great condition. These tips include:
– Don’t let toothbrushes touch or come into contact with one another, as this can cause cross-contamination.
– Always be sure to keep your toothbrush in a fresh air environment and avoid keeping it in closed containers.
– Make sure your toothbrush is the proper size and shape, so it can fit into your mouth easily and reach all areas for cleaning efficiently.
– Do not use or share toothbrushes from someone else.
– Always keep your toothbrush clean and stored in an upright position.
– Always use a toothbrush with soft bristles. Toothbrushes with hard bristles can damage your gums.
– Look for toothbrushes that are ADA-approved with the ADA Seal of Acceptance.
– Try to replace your toothbrush every 3-4 months or earlier if necessary. Children’s toothbrushes need to be replaced more often.
A clean toothbrush is imperative for a clean mouth. If you have any questions or concerns or need to book an exam or professional cleaning, contact your dentist at Brent Huckabay D.D.S.. If you would like to schedule a visit with Dr. Brent Huckabay, please call us at 432-684-6672, or visit our office in Midland, Texas. We look forward to making your smile even better this holiday season!